tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dr. Evil" <dre...@sidereal.kz>
Subject MVC in Tomcat is hard
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2001 09:55:22 GMT

I'm trying to use the Model-View-Controler design approach in Tomcat.
Here's what I'm trying to do:

I'll put the Model stuff in a servlet.  The View stuff will go into a
jsp page (actually a custom tag lib).  What I need to do is, when I
view a page like foo.jsp, the servlet needs to get invoked to set up
some state, so the tags can then dispaly it.  So, let's say the client
requests

http://host/dir/foo.jsp

I want to have a servlet, let's call it controler.class, be called,
do its stuff, and then get a RequestDispatcher, and then do
rd.forward() to foo.jsp.  This doesn't seem to be possible.  Is there
a way to do this?

Thanks