tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dr. Evil" <dre...@sidereal.kz>
Subject servlet-mappings
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2001 08:40:32 GMT

I'm trying to do some fancy stuff with servlet mappings.  This
mechanism leaves a lot to be desired; specificly, it would be
amazingly useful to be able to do a getRequestDispatcher in some way
that bypasses the servlet mappings in the web.xml file.  Alternatively
it would be extremely useful to be able to call the jsp servlet from
within another servlet, but this doesn't seem to be possible.  rd =
request.getRequestDispatcher("jsp") never seems to work.

Anyway, here's the question:

I know there are prefix mappings, such as /foo/bar/, and extension
mappings such as *.foo, but it doesn't seem like it's possible to do
mappings like /foo/bar/*.baz.  This mapping seems to never hit.  Is
there a way to do that?

Thanks