tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin <>
Subject checksum error with tar file
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
I've been trying to install tomcat 4.0.1 on solaris 8.
Everytime that I try to untar the file it finishes with a checksum error.

The file seems ok, as I've managed to extract everything using WinZip.

The last 2 lines of output from tar are
x jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/work, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
tar: directory checksum error

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I've tried the latest version of gnu tar, and I've used 2 different builds of 4.0.1

This message has been posted through the Jakarta Tomcat 4.0 F.A.Q.
on line forum, and can be seen at:
For more informations about the on-line Jakarta forums, please go to:

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message