tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bang, Steinar" <Steinar.b...@tandbergtv.com>
Subject RE: editing apps-admin.xml doesn't "take" in RPM'd tomcat 3.3
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:34:14 GMT
I wrote earlier:

> Platform: Intel PIII, RedHat linux 7.2,
> 	tomcat 3.3, from the jakarta-made RPM

> I've edited the password in
> 	/etc/tomcat/conf/users/admin-users.xml
> and I've changed trusted to "true" in
> 	/etc/tomcat/conf/apps-admin.xml
> and I've gone through the complete cycle of starting
> and stopping apache and tomcat:
> 	/etc/init.d/httpd stop
> 	/etc/init.d/tomcat stop
> 	/etc/init.d/tomcat start
> 	/etc/init.d/httpd start

> But it still requires the old password for the password
> protected pages under /admin, and it still comes up with
> 	"Error in Admin WebApp, probably you doesn't have
> 	 the Admin Context as trusted, follow instructions
> 	 at Tomcat Admin Homepage"
> when trying to click on eg. the context list.

> Doesn't tomcat read the apps-*.xml pages?  But if so,
> how did it find the /admin config in the first place?
> I can't find anything anywhere else.

When I did
	ps axu | grep tomcat
after doing
	/etc/init.d/tomcat stop
I got over a 100 processes.  Some of these "processes"
are of course actually thread, but there are too many.
There should be none.

I'm not sure what created them, because after I have
killed all the running tomcat processes, started tomcat
with
	/etc/init.d/tomcat start
and _then_ do
	/etc/init.d/tomcat stop
it seems to kill the running tomcat.

It may have happened when I was running /usr/bin/tomcat
in my attempts to get it to create the autoconf file.
I did that many times, before I figured out that
	/usr/bin/dtomcat start jkconf
did the trick.

- Steinar

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.