tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bang, Steinar" <>
Subject RE: editing apps-admin.xml doesn't "take" in RPM'd tomcat 3.3
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:34:14 GMT
I wrote earlier:

> Platform: Intel PIII, RedHat linux 7.2,
> 	tomcat 3.3, from the jakarta-made RPM

> I've edited the password in
> 	/etc/tomcat/conf/users/admin-users.xml
> and I've changed trusted to "true" in
> 	/etc/tomcat/conf/apps-admin.xml
> and I've gone through the complete cycle of starting
> and stopping apache and tomcat:
> 	/etc/init.d/httpd stop
> 	/etc/init.d/tomcat stop
> 	/etc/init.d/tomcat start
> 	/etc/init.d/httpd start

> But it still requires the old password for the password
> protected pages under /admin, and it still comes up with
> 	"Error in Admin WebApp, probably you doesn't have
> 	 the Admin Context as trusted, follow instructions
> 	 at Tomcat Admin Homepage"
> when trying to click on eg. the context list.

> Doesn't tomcat read the apps-*.xml pages?  But if so,
> how did it find the /admin config in the first place?
> I can't find anything anywhere else.

When I did
	ps axu | grep tomcat
after doing
	/etc/init.d/tomcat stop
I got over a 100 processes.  Some of these "processes"
are of course actually thread, but there are too many.
There should be none.

I'm not sure what created them, because after I have
killed all the running tomcat processes, started tomcat
	/etc/init.d/tomcat start
and _then_ do
	/etc/init.d/tomcat stop
it seems to kill the running tomcat.

It may have happened when I was running /usr/bin/tomcat
in my attempts to get it to create the autoconf file.
I did that many times, before I figured out that
	/usr/bin/dtomcat start jkconf
did the trick.

- Steinar

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message