tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barney Hamish <Hamish.Bar...@ect-telecoms.de>
Subject RE: Where to place JDBC drivers? How?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:18:58 GMT
It needs to be in the Classpath variable so that the jar file can be found.
You can add it to the WEB-INF folder but then you will have to put a copy of
the driver in the WEB-INF folder of every application that should be able to
access the database.

As for the other files it depends whether you're running Tomcat as a service
under NT or not etc. There is a classpath variable that is passed to java in
each of these files. The files are simple to edit, just open them up and
have a look.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kelley [mailto:MikeK@M-V-T.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 7:09 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Where to place JDBC drivers? How?

I have a reference in the environment variables (should the name be
CLASSPATH? Or is it an addition to the Path variable??)

I'm also finding a few references to putting the jar JDBC files in the
WEB-INF folder or in the lib folder...

Could you help me out with a little more specifics towards the worker,
wrapper etc ...