tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barney Hamish <Hamish.Bar...@ect-telecoms.de>
Subject RE: Where to place JDBC drivers? How?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:06:35 GMT
You need to make sure you put a reference to the driver location in your
class_path variable. Where you need to do this depends on how you're running
tomcat, modify the environment classpath variable or in the
worker.properties file, or in the wrapper.properties file etc....

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kelley [mailto:MikeK@M-V-T.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 6:53 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Where to place JDBC drivers? How?

I found some JDBC drivers for accesing an IBM AS400
But I can't get them to work within the browser environment. I placed an
entry in my system variables
Name: CLASSPATH
Value: loacation of JDBC.jar file;location of JDBC license.jar
(in windows is CLASSPATH = Path???????)

The Drivers came with a few applets; with the correct information these
applets will connect to my as400 db but with the same info my jsp pages
won't connect,
I keep getting errors that look like this

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
Exception Report:
javax.servlet.ServletException: hit.as400.As400Driver

Root Cause:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: hit.as400.As400Driver

Where should these jar files be placed? Do they need to be within the webapp
tree? DO I need to reference their location in the server.xml file?? Should
they be placed within the  JDK tree???

Anyone?