tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barney Hamish <Hamish.Bar...@ect-telecoms.de>
Subject RE: Authentication with Tomcat 3.2 and IIS4
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:50:59 GMT
There is documentation on setting up JDBC authentication/JDBC Realms:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/index.html

One thing I found that wasn't documented you need to add
/<app name>/j_security_check=$(default.worker)
to your uriworkermap.properties file so that the request is redirected to
IIS correctly.

Hamish

-----Original Message-----
From: Samuel Rochas [mailto:samuel.rochas@swipe.de]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 1:58 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Authentication with Tomcat 3.2 and IIS4

Hello,

Using Jakarta on IIS makes the authentication through IIS not working.

I have to configure Jakarta in order to allow the access to some
directories only after an authentication. I don't want to change my
application for that, furthermore I want to use Jakarta-Features for it.

I am also looking for information how to customize the configuration
files (*.xml) and I did not find much in some FAQs 'till now. Can
anybody tell me which configuration files are involved? Which changes
are needed in these files?

Is there an online source for my request?

Thanks
Samuel
--
SWIPe Software Engineering & Project Management GmbH

Solutions with Individual Profile

Web: http://www.swipe.de