tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vasant Kumar <vasan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Migrating from Tomcat 3.XX to Tomcat 4.0
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
HI All

I m using Tomcat 3.2.2 on W2k. My web application is working fine in T3. I have down loaded
the installation(.exe) version of T4.

I have these few questions. These problems might have been addressed previously but I would
appreciate anyone forwarding those mails or directing how I can find those.

1. When I try to run my application through the T4 it is [u]not able to find the beans[/u].
My app is intalled outside the T4 root. It is executing the jsps.

2. [b]/manager[/b] context: I create context sucessfully through this, but it is [u]not updating
the server.xml[/u]. Do I have to make any settings other than creating a user/pwd with manager
role?

3. Is using the /manager to create new context is the right way? Is it stable? Or manually
editing the server.xml. is the recommended way?

Thanks
Vasant
This message has been posted through the Jakarta Tomcat 4.0 F.A.Q.
on line forum, and can be seen at:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=7>
For more informations about the on-line Jakarta forums, please go to:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/>