tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Laywell <matt.layw...@kktarchitects.com>
Subject fop url
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:58:22 GMT
   I'm using tomcat 4.0, fop 2.20, iis 5.0, w2kp.
Using asp to write a .fo file to a virtual dir.
after writing this file from info from the database I want to serve it to
the client in .pdf.

the link would be similar to this

http://server(www.website.com)/fop/fop?fo=//server(www.website.com)/Project3
/test.fo

at the moment I am just testing locally using the machine name as the
server.

I get an error 500 exception start like this

 javax.servlet.ServletException: //matt2/Project3/test.fo (The network name
cannot be found)

the fop servlet is working fine if I give it a path from the hard drive but
that won't work over the internet.

I don't know if I need to make more entries in the server.xml file or what.

any help would be appreciated.

new at this

matt laywell