tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laurian Gridinoc <l...@grapefruitdesign.com>
Subject Re: IIS with isapi-filter gets stuck when Tomcat throws OutOfMemoryEr ror
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:09:49 GMT
On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 08:58, Shay Mandel wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a problem, when Tomcat reaches it's memory limit, and calls keep on
> coming. The Tomcat seize to respond (I don't blame it), but then, even after
> the memory is freed, or tomcat is restarted, IIS doesn't go to rest. It uses
> 100% CPU until it is brutally killed.
> We are using Tomcat 3.1, IIS 4.0, on an NT or W2K machines. All has the same
> results. We can reproduce it very easily.
>
> Anyone got this problem? is there any kind of solution for that?
>
> TIA.
>
> Shay Mandel & Guy Kaufman.

Hi,

I run in the same problem; except that IIS does not die - but the tomcat
service gets stuck and has to be restarted (it won't die left alone :( )

Do you have any ideas? Is there a way to restart the NT service on
OutOfMemory?

We're using Tomcat 3.3, IIS 5.0, W2k adv. server

Thanks,

--
Laurian Gridinoc
Chief Developer