tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tognoni Enrico (Stage)" <tognoni.enr...@webegg.it>
Subject executing Tomcat from cd
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:28:41 GMT

I am deploying a simple web application using Tomcat 3.2.3 in stand-alone
mode.
At the moment I'm distributing it in a cd containing all Tomcat and
application files, which need to be copied on the machine where the
application runs.

I was asked to check if it is possible to run everything directly from the
cd.

This means to avoid any write access to the file system, so:

* stop Tomcat re-compiling my jsp, which are already compiled and inluded in
the cd

* stop Tomcat generating files such as iis_redirect.reg-auto, which are not
needed

Does anybody know whether these things are possible or not and how to it?

Thanks,

Enrico