tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Buchardt <Bucha...@EUS.de>
Subject Deploying Web-services (2)
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:22:15 GMT
QUESTION 1:
===========

Hi all,

deploying a web service with a servlet on Tomcat3.2.3 includes adding
another context-element to the server.xml-file. Is this procedure also
necessary on Tomcat4.0.1?

I'm referring to the example-web-service "QuotationService" on
www.soapuser.com. Having deployed this example-service on Tomcat3.2.3, it
works fine. On Tomcat4.0.1, I get the following error when I submit the
Request "GetAllQuotations":

U:\buchardt>java com.soapuser.soap.client.quotation.GetAllQuotations
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = Deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:QuotationService':
class name 'com.soapuser.soap.server.quotation.Quotation' could not be
resolved: com.soapuser.soap.server.quotation.Quotation

U:\buchardt>

Is it possibly a CLASSPATH-Error?

Thanks in advance
Michael

QUESTION 2:
===========
Hi all,

in addition to my first question, I tried a new CLASSPATH-Setting. The
result of this was the following error:

U:\buchardt>java com.soapuser.soap.client.quotation.GetAllQuotations
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

U:\buchardt>

For further information, this is an excerpt of the detailed above mentioned
error. It was created by a tool, that monitors the dialogue between the SOAP
Client and the SOAP Server:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:</faultcode>
<faultstring>javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
<detail>
<stackTrace>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)
.....(just an excerpt)

Your help would be much appreciated

Michael