tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Kilbride" <j...@kilbride.com>
Subject Does jakarta-tomcat-service work for *nixes?
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 07:41:20 GMT
I went through the archives trying to figure out how to run Tomcat (4.0.1)
as a non-root user on port 80. I found references to the
jakarta-tomcat-service module in the CVS, so I logged in and downloaded it.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much info on how to set it up -- at
least, not for a Linux/Unix environment.

Does jakarta-tomcat-service work for Linux? It looks like it may only work
for WinNT. If it doesn't work for Linux, is there any other method for
starting Tomcat non-root on port 80?

Thanks,
--jeff