tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bo Xu" ...@cybershop.ca>
Subject Re: [repost] loading class files
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:59:08 GMT
I suggest you put YourApplet.class together with your
html/image or other "static contents), for ex. :
webapps/yourapp0/staticContent/
("staticContent" is a folder made by you)

reference email :-)
> In which directory of the Tomcat installation do we copy the html and
> applet classes?

I suggest you also read the Application Developer's Guide included with
Tomcat.  The Tomcat 4 version is also online at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/appdev/

>From the point of view of the server, applet classes and JAR files are
just static content.  Therefore, they should be placed in the same
directory as your static HTML pages, ***not*** under /WEB-INF.

> Amit Lonkar

Craig McClanahan

Bo
Nov.18, 2001