tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mika Goeckel" <m...@stepstone.de>
Subject Problems getting Nightly Build nov-10-01 up
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:06:02 GMT
Hi,

I doubt my skills.

I've downloaded and configured yesterday's nightly build. All libs are
there, ant is working fine, the dist build does not report failures. When
trying to start the unchanged binary (out of dist), catalina.out reports as
expected: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone\n Apache Tomcat/4.1-dev.
The log files don't report unexpected as well.

But tomcat shuts down immediately afterwards. ps -ef does not report a
running jvm under my user.

When starting in debug mode I get massive output, but no exception or
otherwise helpful information.

When I run the unit tests, I get some failures from
org.apache.naming.ressources.BaseDirContext (Name 'validators' is expected).

Could that be a hint why tomcat is going down right after being started?

My environment is RedHat (i386) 7.0, JVM 1.3.1, I'm compiling with suns
javac...

Any idea?

Thanks, Mika