tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Xavier NOPRE" <xno...@netceler.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.1 + Apache 1.3.22
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 10:58:25 GMT
Hi all,

I am desparate. I am trying to install tomcat running under apache. I have
search the WEB but I did not found any complete documentation.

The informations of what I have done are above:
- what is missing or wrong ?
- is the test URL correct ?
- What do I have to start first : apache or tomcat ?
- Do tomcat start the standalone service ?

Thanks for any help
Xavier

Informations:

- Windows NT 4
- Apache 1.3.22
- Tomcat 4.0.1
- webapp module downloaded
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/win3
2/webapp-module-1.0-tc40-windows.zip)
- libapr.dll and mod_webapp.so extracted in <apache_home>/apache/modules
- for apache, httpd.conf updated:
    - after "#LoadModule" list, I have added the folowwing line:

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so

    - after the "AddModule" list, I have added the folowwing line (without
this line I have an error message):

AddModule   mod_webapp.c

    - after section "<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>", I have added the following
lines:

WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  /examples
WebAppInfo       /webapp-info

    - I have tried to replace the second line with the following:

WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  "C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat
4.0\webapps\example"

- I have changed nothin in the configuration of Tomcat, the file server.xml
containing a section "<Service name="Tomcat-Apache">"
- I start tomcat, the output is :

        Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
        Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
        Starting service Tomcat-Apache