tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Chuang" <james.chu...@home.com>
Subject Re: Auto load a servlet
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:04:12 GMT
Create a real simple index.html, and have it do a onLoad like this...

<HTML>
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
function redirect() {
window.location.href = "http://localhost:8080/webstation/servlet/WebStation"
}
</SCRIPT>
<BODY onLoad="redirect()" >
Redirecting ...
</BODY>
</HTML>

Then setup your web server to serve up index.html by default.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bret Farris" <developer@brefar.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 1:32 PM
Subject: Auto load a servlet

I have a servlet that can be loaded by going to
http://localhost:8080/webstation/servlet/WebStation
The servlet, WebStation.class, is in the directory:
webstation\WEB-INF\classes.  WebStation.class calls two other servlets,
BtmFrame.class and TopFrame.class, which in turn load and display in a
browser html files from the webstation directory.

What I want to do is have the user enter http://localhost:8080 into their
browser, and run the above servlet, as if they entered the link above.  Is
there a way to do this?  I have tried to use mapping with as many different
combinations as I can think of, but nothing has worked.

Thanks,
Bret