tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Suzanne Reiner 8423 <srei...@fnac-usa.com>
Subject Tomcat as a remote server
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:04:26 GMT
Being a "newbie" to tomcat and linux, I lost tons of hair to integrated Apache1.3.22 and Tomcat
4.0.1.  Having that completed I'd like to separate Apache and Tomcat to different boxes.

I am running RH7.1 on both servers.  The server I want to house tomcat is unwilling to start
the tomcat-apache service .  The error reported in catalina.out is:  Starting Service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat4.0.1 Standard server await: create: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested
address........

I suspect this to be because there is not a local installation of apache.  I changed the tomcat-apache
service connector port to reflect " ApacheServer:8008 " to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thank you, in advance, for your time and efforts in responding.

Suzanne