tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: [repost] loading class files
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:35:33 GMT
You're right.  The spec does not say jsps can not be stored under WEB-INF,
but it does say and I quote the spec:

"No file contained in the WEB-INF directory may be served directly to a
client by the container" -- Servlet 2.3 spec pg 60

Given that, what good is storing a .jsp (or .gif, jpg, pdf, etc, ...) file in
WEB-INF if the client can't request it?

IMHO, files the client directly request should be outside the WEB-INF
directory.  Individual mileage may vary though.

--David