tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JS <pooq...@pooquey.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.01/Apache 1.13.22/Mod Webapp
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 16:53:35 GMT
Maybe I should explain it a little better:
My Set up:
server.xml only has a service declared for apache mod_webapp. no stand alone.
apache has WebAppDeploy for the application
I want to be able to run the app from a directory under my apache doc root
so I have my files under there /www/htdocs/webapp
for some reason, I think because of the way my xml files are configured, the
app, apache, or tomcat (I don't know which) cannot access all of my class
files.

> JS at pooquey@pooquey.com wrote:
> > Okay I'm desparate.  I need help.  You guys have been great, but here's
> > my deal:
> > I have set up Tomcat 4.01 to serve jsp alongside apache.  I'm trying to
> > deploy an app that uses jdbc connections to mysql.  I know the
> > connections work, but I am having a problem setting up server.xml and
> > web.xml properly to stop the IllegalStateException errors my app keeps
> > throwing once it connects through jdbc.  Any suggestions?
>
> It doesn't look like anything is weird with mod_webapp... IMO it's a JSP
> issue... Or does that stands out _only_ thru apache, while it works stand
> alone?
>
>     Pier
>

> --

I am, in point of fact, a particularly haughty and exclusive person, of
pre-Adamite ancestral descent.  You will understand this when I tell you
that I can trace my ancestry back to a protoplasmal primordial atomic
globule.  Consequently, my family pride is something inconceivable.  I
can't help it.  I was born sneering.
		-- Pooh-Bah, "The Mikado"