tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yiu Wing" <yiuwing...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [repost] loading class files
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:58:29 GMT
> I suggest you put YourApplet.class together with your
> html/image or other "static contents), for ex. :
> webapps/yourapp0/staticContent/
> ("staticContent" is a folder made by you)

Thanks very much for your reply and reference email. Yeah, I have to create
an extra directory to store all my class files, and I also have to unzipped
the JDBC driver in order to get my jsp applet running. But from one of the
Tomcat's docs, which is tomcat-docs\appdev\deployment.html, in its mid page
says,

/WEB-INF/lib/ - This directory contains JAR files that contain Java class
files (and associated resources) required for your application, such as
third party class libraries or JDBC drivers.

I've copied my JDBC driver there, but it just won't work.  My citation is
just the opposite of your reference email, which says that JAR files are
static content and can't be place under /WEB-INF.  Since my applet is
running now, and so think the docs could be wrong or haven't covered this
topic completely. I hope someone could look this up.

Anyway, thanks very much for your email again.  You have saved me!