tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John & Valerie Dobbs" <jdobbsspr...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux (RH 7.2)
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:39:48 GMT
I've installed Tomcat 4.0.1 from the rpms found at
/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1.  I am experiencing difficulties
with these rpm files (some component files of length 0).  Has anyone else
had problems with these files?  I assumed that these were the files to use
for Red Hat Linux as opposed to the tar.gz files found in the /bin folder.

Thanks for your help,
John

----- Original Message -----
From: John & Valerie Dobbs <jdobbssprint@earthlink.net>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 6:35 AM
Subject: Starting Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux (RH 7.2)

I've just installed Tomcat on my Linux box.  Couldn't find a startup.sh or
catalina.sh to start it with.  Tried starting it with the tomcat4 script but
got an error when trying to create /var/tomcat4/logs/catalina.out.  Not sure
if I'm using the right script or the script needs to corrected.  I found it
strange that I didn't find a startup.sh or something similar in the
distribution.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
John