tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Drake" <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: DistributedManager - Session Persistence
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 04:48:26 GMT
Sorry about the late reply to this thread, but I've
only just joined this list, and I am interested in this
feature.

If you read further down in section 7.7.2 of the
Servlet Spec, it seems to explicitly support the
notion of a distributed session management
feature:

    The Container Provider can ensure scalability and
    quality of service features like load-balancing and
    failover by having the ability to move a session
    object, and its contents, from any active node of
    the distributed system to a different node of the
    system.

Someone volunteered to develop this feature on the dev
list back in August, I don't yet know if there is any work
underway or planned in this area. If not, I'm willing to
jump in and do it.

Regards,

Tom Drake
Email: debugger@engineer.com