tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "J. Eric Smith" <esm...@digitalforge.com>
Subject benchmarking Tomcat4?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:06:52 GMT
Has anyone tried benchmarking Tomcat4 versus some of the commercial
engines like Websphere or Weblogic?  If so, what did you find out?
Also, I'd like to bench my setups to get a feel for where they top out.
Any suggestions on what to use?  We've used the <gasp> Microsoft web
stress tool up to this point in informal testing of Weblogic and such
and it's been quite good on Weblogic, but the results it gives using
Tomcat4 are not repeatable and are very ambiguous.  Anything out there
better that's free?

J. Eric Smith
esmith@digitalforge.com