tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carl Boudreau" <carl.boudr...@notiva.com>
Subject RE: resp.sendRedirect("./Join2?Email_Address=" + EmailAddress);
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:54:13 GMT
Well Tom,

I have changed the following code to read;
                    if(TxtCheck1.equals(User_Name)) {
                        // User join1 data has been added to Database
                        String Redirect_String = "./ValidUser?firstname=" +
User_Name;
                        //resp.sendRedirect("./ValidUser?firstname=" +
User_Name);
                        //resp.encodeRedirectURL("./ValidUser?firstname=" +
User_Name);
                        out.println(Redirect_String + "<br>");
                        //resp.sendRedirect(Redirect_String.trim());
 Error >> >>
resp.sendRedirect(resp.encodeRedirectURL(Redirect_String.trim()));
                        //out.close();
                        out.println("Found User_Name " + User_Name + " on
Row " + result.getRow() + "<br>");

//out.println(resp.encodeRedirectUrl("./ValidUser?firstname=" + User_Name) +
"<p>");
                        out.flush();
                        }
                        else {
                            out.println(User_Name + " User_Name Not Found on
Row " + result.getRow() + "<p>");

//resp.sendRedirect("./htmlpage/joinerror.html");
                            out.flush();
                            //out.close();
                            }

And this is returning  "java.lang.IllegalStateException"  exception, and
still crashing if the  "If"  is true.

Any ideas?  Carl