tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dani Ludin" <Dani.Lu...@unic.ch>
Subject Examples don't work in new Tomcat 4.0.1 installation
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:54:10 GMT
I'm trying to upgrade from tomcat 3.3 to tomcat 4.0.1 on a Mac Os X 10.1.

After starting with catalina.sh start, I can connect to the index page in the ROOT directory
with http://localhost:8080/ , but the
links to the JSP and Servlet examples can not be found.

I remember that in the 3.3 version, the examples were able to run right after installation.
Is an additional step required that I'm missing?

I checked the server.xml file, but it looks ok, the /examples context seems to get mounted
there. I haven't anything else running on port 8080 (I wouldn't see the index page then) and
localhost can also be reached.

thanks in advance

Dani Ludin