tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "yilmaz" <yil...@hwajet.com.tw>
Subject multiple charset support problem
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 04:03:19 GMT
  hi everybody,

  i am reposting this since i couldn't get an answer yet,

 however i am sure there is a solution for this problem, i can't think of
that

 tomcat4 can't support utf-8 charset.

by the way i already tried

jsp interest mailing list ,but didn't help.it seems that tomcat user list
community is more helpful,

i bring the problem to this platform

 My situation is:

  i am working with tomcat 4 b7 on win 2000 and jdk 1.3
  my jsp pages should support both japanese and chinese characters as
  well as latin chars.Thus, i want to set my Jsp pages' charset to UTF-8 as
follows:

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ page import="java.util.Date,java.sql.*,java.lang.Math"
contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>

  However, when i do so i am having the below exception:

  org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: Cannot read file: ze file
  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile2(JspReader.java:275)
  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.(JspReader.java:316)
  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.(Parser.java:137)
  at

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:213)
  and it goes on..
  can any one tell me what does this mean and how can be solved?
  Thanks in advance.