tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noble Long" <nl...@zethcon.com>
Subject cannot execute binary file
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:41:47 GMT
I am using the Oracle jdbc thin client in my application. I added it to my classpath /usr/local/classes12.zip
, but when I start Tomcat I am getting -

bin/tomcat.sh: /usr/local/classes12.zip: cannot execute binary file

I tried other jar, files, etc. and everyone I transefered either in binary mode or ascii via
FTP, XMODEM or ZMODEM gives me the same message.

Is my file being corrupted between windows and linux. I am working with a remote telnet session
so I can't exactly download from Oracle's website to that machine. Funny thing is ... I have
the same Red Hat 6.2 environment here except I'm using tomcat 3.2.3 instead of 3.2.1 (would
it make a difference?)

Noble