tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Etienne Baert \(SPSInfoquest nv\)" <eba...@sps.be>
Subject RE: Applets in Servlets
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:28:53 GMT
Long,

as said in my previous mail, you need to use <EMBED> with netscape,
you can find the specifiations at
http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/docs/tags.html

There is no problem to pass parameters to the applet, you just need
to add them between the <OBJECT> and </OBJECT> tags. It works
the same with <EMBED>.

Regarding the CLASSID, it is specific to the plug-in to be used and
can be retrieved from the java.sun.com web site (the above URL for
example).

The same URL also gives you examples of HTML that allow the applet
to be executed by both IE and Netscape.

Cheers,
Etienne

-----Original Message-----
From: longinus [mailto:longinus@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl]
Sent: mardi 6 novembre 2001 15:07
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Applets in Servlets

How can I get classid of the applet? What if my applet is intended to be
used with Netscape?

There is also some more parameters I am passing to the applet

<applet mayscript codebase="." code="tcaldate.class" width="160"
height="170" name="tL1" id="tL1">
              <param name=link value="%Y.%M.%D">
              <param name=script value="javascript:SeeDate('%Y.%M.%D')">
              <param name="help" value="javascript:HideDate()">
              <param name=_jvalid value=63>
              <param name=target value="_none">
              <param name=font value="Arial">
              <param name=fontsize value=12>
              <param name=fontstyle value=1>
              <param name=bgcolor value=13684944>
              <param name=bgcolor2 value=14737663>
              <param name=bgcolor3 value=400>
	      <param name=current  value="2001/11/14">
              <param name=startsunday value=0>
              <param name=t_col1 value=400>
              <param name=t_col2 value=8421520>
              <param name=t_col3 value=14737663>
  	      <param name=weeknumber	value="no">
            </applet>

they can be used with object tag?
Does <applet> tag starts JVM from Microsoft?

CODEBASE="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3.0_01/jinstall-130_01-win32