tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Etienne Baert \(SPSInfoquest nv\)" <eba...@sps.be>
Subject RE: Applets in Servlets
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:20:06 GMT
Shen,

Assuming your package is com.example.mypackage and
located into d:\projects\dir\www\classes\com\example\mypackage
You won't have to use the ARCHIVE parameter but
you will have to set your CODEBASE parameter to
"classes" and CODE to "com/example/mypackage/AppletName.class"
in order for the browser the retrieve the root of the
package via http://myserver:port/dir/applet/.

If you need more explanation on the HTML to be used, please
refer to :
http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/docs/tags.html

Cheers,
Etienne

-----Original Message-----
From: Shen Shengjun [mailto:shshjun@yahoo.com]
Sent: mardi 6 novembre 2001 15:02
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Applets in Servlets

Thank you all.

Now I've got the solution that also indicated below with syntax. I didn't
get
the time to try it though.
<PARAM NAME="ARCHIVE" VALUE="archive.jar\">

Thanks, Etienne Baert.

Because I use a package, not a jar (and there will be no jar file), what
value
should I use?

Shen

CODEBASE="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3.0_01/jinstall-130_01-win32