tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Rickal, IOP Unternehmensberatung GmbH" <t.ric...@iop.de>
Subject Is Tomcat 4.0.1 taglib integration buggy?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:38:28 GMT
Hi again,

i' am trying to upgrade from Tomcat 3.2.3/ Apache 1.3.19 to Tomcat
4.0.1/ Apache 1.3.19 on Linux.

All the urls in the jsps of my application are rewritten by a
UrlTag. The UrlTag Class takes the url between the tags and rewrites
it if necessary.

It works with Tomcat 4.0.1 if the url is placed in the jsp file
statically. It works not if the url is get by using the "get"-method
of a bean.

In Tomcat 3.2.3 it worked fine in both cases. Maybe this is a Tomcat
4.0.1 bug? Who can help?

Thomas

Example:

### example.jsp ###

<A href="<myLib:url><%= myBean.getURL() %></myLib:url>">text</A>

### output Tomcat 3.2.3 (right) ###

<A href="http://localhost/target.jsp">text</A>

### output Tomcat 4.0.1 (wrong) ###

<A href="<%= myBean.getURL() %>">text</A>

### example.tld ###

<tag>
  <name>url</name>
  <tagclass>de.iop.webrun.shared.taglib.UrlTag</tagclass>
  <bodycontent>tagdependent</bodycontent>
  <info>rewrite url</info>
</tag>

### UrlTag-Code ###

import javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.*;
import javax.servlet.jsp.*;
import java.io.IOException;

public class UrlTag extends BodyTagSupport
{
  public int doAfterBody() throws JspException
  {
    BodyContent bodyContent = getBodyContent();
    String baseURL          = bodyContent.getString();
    bodyContent.clearBody();
    try
    {
      HttpServletResponse response = (HttpServletResponse)
pageContext.getResponse();
      String encodedURL = response.encodeURL(baseURL);
      this.getPreviousOut().print(encodedURL);
    }
    catch(IOException e)
    {
      throw new JspTagException("I/O exception " + e.getMessage());
    }
    return SKIP_BODY;
  }
}