tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Spiessens" <thomas.spiess...@student.kuleuven.ac.be>
Subject Re: Fail to bring up Tomcat 3.3 for windows 2000
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:06:34 GMT
Hi Ai,
I had the same problem in exactly the same situation (Tomcat3.3 in
cooperation with Windows 2000).
Didn't find a solution for it (after searching a long time), just installed
version 4.0 and everything works perfectly now.
So I suggest, try installing Tomcat version 4.0.

Maybe it's a bug in Tomcat 3.3 that hasn't been removed yet ?

Hope this helped you out,
Thomas.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ai Zhang" <Ai.Zhang@trw.com>
To: "<"Tomcat Users List"" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:23 PM
Subject: Fail to bring up Tomcat 3.3 for windows 2000

I have installed the tomcat 3.3 in my windows 2000 environment. I have set
up all the environment variables. I put all the environment in a bat file
as:

set JAVA_HOME=d:\VisualCafeXE\jdk13
set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%
set TOMCAT_HOME=D:\Web\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.3

But when I start up the tomcat
by bin\startup, another window shows up and then disapeared right away. Can
anybody help me why this happen?

Thanks,
Aijun.