tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anestis Georgiadis" <mran...@iname.com>
Subject getRemoteAddr() always returns 127.0.0.1
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 22:52:28 GMT
Hello.

I am having this weird problem with getRemoteAddr() of the
HttpServletRequest object, where it always returns 127.0.0.1 for the
remote user's ip address. I have set up a tomcat server on a remote
machine, as well as my own, and I call the snoop demo jsp included with
the distribution from one machine to the other, always with the same
result. Does anyone have any idea why does it always return the
localhost ip address, instead of the real remote address?

Test machine url: http://www.spin.gr:808/examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp

I am not behind a firewall or a proxy server. I have also taken a quick
read on the list's archived messages, but could not find any relevant
ones.

Regards,
Anestis Georgiadis