tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Reay" <>
Subject settings
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:52:15 GMT
I'm wondering about a couple of settings inside the file.
The system I'm running is IIS5.0/Tomcat 3.3.

The first setting, workers.tomcat_home defaults to the following in the file:

# workers.tomcat_home should point to the location where you
# installed tomcat. This is where you have your conf, webapps and lib
# directories.
# workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/tomcat

The second setting, default to the following in the file:

# workers.java_home should point to your Java installation. Normally
# you should have a bin and lib directories beneath it.
# workers.java_home=/usr/java

Other aspects of the tomcat install default to c:\jakarta-tomcat, yet here it is only c:\tomcat
Also, the java jdk I'm using is c:\jdk1.3.1_01
Everything seems to work ok, even though these setting don't match.  Are the needed, outdate,
necessary?  I've changed them and don't really see any change, but I'm just wondering why
everything seems to work with them set wrong.

Thanks for the time.

Alan Reay
Software Engineer
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message