tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject RE: Problems in starting up a servlet
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:00:09 GMT
ahhhhh... (o:  bingo... thats a global web.xml (you're using tomcat 4 I
assume), so what is happening, is that each context will be trying to load
the StartMe servlet, but its only in one context (the test context).  You
shouldn't really edit that file (o:  The way things are suppose to work is
that each context is in its own little area... so edit the web.xml in
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/test/WEB-INF/web.xml and everything will be fine (o:

cheers
dim