tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Re: Must servlets be inside WEB-INF/classes pr /lib?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 07:53:51 GMT
Hi,

yeah, that doesn't surprise me... the reason that tomcat 4 ignores your
classpath is that it causes all sorts of problems.  seriously, the spec
outlines how things are suppose to happen, and my best advice would be to
put your servlets in web-inf/classes (or lib).

alternatively, you'd need to have a good explanation from someone who
fully understands the class loading mechanism of catalina... I could take
a few guesses, but wont.  I also think that someone who does fully
understand it will simply repeat the above advice....

so, cd /myservletclasses; jar cf myservlets.jar *

(o:

cheers
dim