tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Viswanathan Prakash <prak...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject Importing openssl private keys into keytool keystore
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2001 14:08:23 GMT

Hi. This is the description of my problem. I already have an
apache/openssl based webserver. Now I want to run tomcat in ssl mode
independent of apache.

One way to do it of course is to generate a private key using keytool,
generate a csr and get a certificate. In my case, this would mean getting
another certificate for the same domain.

So, I would like to import the private key and the certificate I have for
apache into the keytool keystore. The first step is of course to import
the private key. Haven't found any means to do this. Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks,

--
Prakash