tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Casto" <rob...@cincijava.com>
Subject Launching subprocess under Tomcat as a Service
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 02:39:38 GMT
To all,

I have a servlet that spawns a process to generate PDF reports. When I run
Tomcat 3.2.3 using the startup.bat method, everything works fine. The
subprocess runs, completes its task, and my Servlet returns and completes
its processing. The problem comes when running Tomcat as a service using
jk_nt_service.exe. My Servlet will run, all of my webpages will work, but
when my Servlet spawns the subprocess to generate the PDF file, it hangs. I
have tried changing the settings of the service to log in as various users
with no luck. Any suggestions on how to ensure that the subprocess will
execute while running Tomcat as a service. NOTE: This problem occurs whether
I am using NT4 SP6 or Win2k.

Robert Casto

 CinciJava | Java Development and Training

Robert Casto | robert@cincijava.com
513-349-JAVA | www.cincijava.com