tomcat-users mailing list archives

From RSEQUE...@TRANSENTRIC.COM
Subject Is it always necessary to place the servlet class files under the WEB-INF/classes folder?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:47:17 GMT
Is it always necessary to create a WEB-INF folder? Is this a standard or is
it just plain mandatory to create a WEB-INF folder. And then place the
class files in the "WEB-INF/classes" folder (read - application won't work
without these folders)?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

We are migrating from Website/JRun to Apache/Tomcat. And our current
directory structure doesn't conform to the WEB-INF standard.
Also, we use the <SERVLET> tag heavily. And Tomcat doesn't support this
tag. I read somewhere (maybe in this forum itself) that we should replace
it with <jsp:include...> tag instead. Anyone who has successfully
implemented this....I would be glad to hear from him/her.

Thanks in advance