tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Hefner" <>
Subject j_security_check
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:23:16 GMT
I am trying to set up a form based authorization, I have done everything
similar to examples I have found.  My login.jsp appears below:

<h1>Login page for examples</h1>
<form method="POST" action="j_security_check" >
 Username: <input type="text" name="j_username"><br>
 Password: <input type="password" name="j_password"><br>
 <input type="submit" value="login" name="j_security_check">

when I submit it doesn't appear that the engine knows about the
j_security_check servlet since it attempts to go to
http://mack-weh/login/j_security_check and displays a page not found error.

Is there anything that needs to be done to activate this servlet.

View raw message