tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pedro Muñoz <pmu...@mundivia.net>
Subject RE: THIS IS HELP with Tomcat-Apache mapping
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:02:03 GMT
Hi,
 Somebody known where can i get mod_webapp.so fot TC3.2.2, i look for this
module and don't found it.

(Thanks Meg)

-----Mensaje original-----
De: m akeijou [mailto:akeijou@netscape.net]
Enviado el: miércoles, 17 de octubre de 2001 16:17
Para: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: THIS IS HELP with Tomcat-Apache mapping

i just finished my Tomcat 4.0 to Apache 1.3 mappings both on W2000 and RH
Linux 7.1, thanks to help from this list.  considering the recent questions
in this mailing list about this subject i thought it'd be my turn to share
my experience.

the mapping solves the following problems (as far as i know):
1. to use a URL with no port number, e.g., http://my.domain.com/examples/
instead of http://my.domain.com:8080/examples/
2. to take advantage of having all the source java, html, jsp, etc., in one
place (in Tomcat) and yet have tomcat serve the jsps and servlets, and
apache serve the html as usual

the pointers below assume that you have apache 1.3 and tomcat 4 installed
and each one runs correctly separately.

for Windows 2000:
- get the webapp module from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/win32
/
- follow instructions in the INSTALL.txt file (very good instructions) for
installing the module and configuring apache
- changes in httpd.conf on my development server

    LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
      :
    NameVirtualHost *
      :
    <VirtualHost *>
           :
        ServerName localhost
        WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
        WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples/
        WebAppDeploy myapps conn /myapps/
        WebAppInfo /webapp-info
    </VirtualHost>

for Linux:
- go to the CVS repositories in http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html
and follow instructions on this page for getting the webapp module (in the
cvs command line, replace [module-name] with
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp)
- after download, go to CVSROOT/webapp and follow instructions in README.txt
to install webapp
- then follow instructions in INSTALL.txt to configure it for apache-tomcat
connection
- changes in httpd.conf on my production server

    LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
      :
    NameVirtualHost my.IP.address.here
      :
    <VirtualHost my.IP.address.here>
           :
        ServerName mydomain
        WebAppConnection conn warp mydomain:8008
        WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples/
        WebAppDeploy myapps conn /myapps/
        WebAppInfo /webapp-info
    </VirtualHost>