tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pritpal Dhaliwal" <pspi...@ucdavis.edu>
Subject RE: comparison between SERVLET/JSP to Cold Fusion
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 02:55:21 GMT
I think that ColdFusion is more for totally database backed websites.  I
personally had hard time making a website with coldfusion without using
database.

If  there is some computations happening and all that sorts of stuff, I
would use JSP. If all you have stuff coming straight out of the database,
going straight into a database, and all you care about is putting your
database on the web somehow, I would go coldFusion.

Ofcourse using custom tags, you could get all that ColdFusion has to offer
in JSP.

Also to note, I have very little experience with coldFusion but a lot with
JSP.

Pritpal Dhaliwal

-----Original Message-----
From: Miao, Franco CAWS:EX [mailto:Franco.Miao@gems7.gov.bc.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 2:28 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: comparison between SERVLET/JSP to Cold Fusion

you need to pay thousand bucks for Coldfusion server first, no free server
in the market like tomcat.

Coldfusion is great product, it comes with lots feature, unlike Tomcat,
Coldfusion is a commerical product so you will find great support from
manufacturer.

I will say it depenps on what do you want to do with your biz.

Franco