tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Corey Holzer" <baseballwiz...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Shutdown Tomcat
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:40:16 GMT
Fiona,

What OS are you running Tomcat Under?  If it is a Unix/Linux environment you
will need to use shutdown.sh instead of shutdown.bat.  I don't have
experience with Tomcat under windows, but, based on other experience with
Windows Systems issues, you may try the following:

1. In windows9X, simply try to end task the instance.

2. In WindowsNT/2000, you can do the same or if it runs as a service, stop
the service via the services icon under Control Panel.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Fiona <fionam@prose.ie>
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Shutdown Tomcat
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:03:37 +0000

Hi,

I don't know how to shutdown Tomcat. I have tried to use the shutdown.bat
but it doesn't seem to work. Do I have to edit it or give it any parameters?

Regards

Fiona.

    Fiona McEvoy, PROSE, 20 Grantham Street, Dublin 8, Ireland.
Email:  fionam@prose.ie
Tel. (+353 1) 4783511, Fax. (+353 1) 4783937.

For additional commands, e-mail: