tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vel Periasamy <Vel.Perias...@AEGIS.net>
Subject RE: I Am So Dumb I Cannot Get Tag Libs to Work
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 22:46:38 GMT
If you are using JSP 1.2, the tags should be tlib-version and jsp-version
instead of tlibversion and jspversion (these are JSP 1.1 tags)

-Velmurugan Periasamy.
http://www.aegis.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Hunter Hillegas [mailto:lists@lastonepicked.com]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 6:44 PM
To: Tomcat User List
Subject: Re: I Am So Dumb I Cannot Get Tag Libs to Work

Ahhhhh.... Progress. That worked...

Still, now it looks like there is trouble parsing my .tld...

It claims that:

XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/gs_tags.tld: (line 10, col -1): Element
"taglib" does not allow "tlibversion" here.

My .tld looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE taglib
  PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.2//EN"
  "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd">

<!-- a tag library descriptor -->

<taglib>
  <!-- The version number of this tag library -->
  <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>

  <!-- The JSP specification version required to function -->
  <jspversion>1.2</jspversion>

</taglib>

According to my books on taglibs, this should be valid, no?