tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hawkins, Keith (Keith)" <kphawk...@avaya.com>
Subject Workaround for IIS redirector + SSL problem ??
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:02:10 GMT

I received a reply to my post regarding configuring IIS redirector for
use with SSL. (See below.)

The reply indicates that the IIS redirector has the unfortunate
side-effect of bypassing SSL security and that a patch for the problem
is in the works but won't be available immediately.

So what are my options?   Can I follow the instructions for having
Tomcat perform SSL and still use the IIS redirector?  Will that even
work?

Any suggestions are welcome.  I am sure that I am not the only one who
needs SSL + IIS redirector simultaneously.  What are other people doing
to get past this problem?

Thanks,
Keith