tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Gentz" <l.ge...@ff-ecommerce.de>
Subject apache --- tomcat
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:11:31 GMT
hi list,

i have tomcat 4.0 and apache 1.3.22 on win2000Prof.
i´m new in this mailing list. i come from germany (... so my english is not
perfect - sorry...)
and i work in a small german software-company. we are developing a browser-
based software for
trading- company´s. we use *.jsp´s therefor.
my personal knowledge in this territory is very small --- but i try to
become bigger :-)

Here my question:

i try to connect the tomcat server with apache, about the warp-connector.
therefor i edited the httpd.conf file; i added the following lines at end
of the file:

# Apache <---> tomcat
         LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
         WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
         WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
# end apache <---> tomcat

but now i have an error-message while starting apache:
can´t find the mod_webapp module :-(

where can i get this module??? the only file i found on apache.org is the
mod_webapp.c ???

the following lines are in the server.xml of tomcat:

  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set
to -->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0" appBase="webapps">

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared
globally -->

    </Engine>

  </Service>

is this all correct or are there mistakes???

i´m happy about every information:-)

thanx for helping me...

greetings from Delmenhorst in germany

Lars.