tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Evan Swanson <Evan.Swan...@gmd.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: File Download - CSV question ****
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:22:06 GMT

I order to reduce the variable, I tried installing TC4.0 on the same
windows based machine. I am using the same client for both( IE5.0 ).

Results:
TC3.2 will present a popup box for downloading files with .CSV extention.
TC4.0 throws data directly up on the screen.

Is there any reason for this? Can I change the configuration?

Is this a MIME type problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitri Colebatch [mailto:dim@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 10:11 PM
To: Tomcat-User
Subject: Re: File Download - CSV question ****

Are you using the same client between the two servers?  IE seems to
consider itself more important than mimetypes, and if it sees a file
extension it recognises it treats it as it deems fit, regardless of the
mimetype.  So one possibility is that you have just installed excel or
something on the client, and IE is redirecting the download there.

another option is that the mimetype being sent in tomcat 4.0 is different
to 3.x, but I'm not sure about this, so will let someone else answer this
option.

if you outline exactly what client/server you were using before, and now,
it will make the question more specific.  for intsance, tc3.2 on windows
with a win98 client with IE4.0 and now using tc4.0 on linux with a win2k
client with IE5.0.

cheers
dim