tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Culinary Chef <ey...@earthlink.net>
Subject HELP: Tomcat & IIS integration
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:56:45 GMT
Hello,

HELP!!  We installed Tomcat 4, and properly installed the redirector in IIS.  We are trying
to view our site from a browser using a domain name.  Right now, all we can do is do it locally
on the server, by launching a browser, and going to localhost.  Everything is working fine.
 Now what we need to do is to be able to view it with a domain name/IP address and be able
to allow others to view it (i.e. publish it).  We set up IIS, mapped it to the correct directory.
 When we launch a browser and go to the domain name, we get part of the home page loaded.
 The jsp code is not loading.  When we log in using the log-on on the home page, we get this
error:

>> HTTP Error 405
405 Method Not Allowed
The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource identified by the
request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type set up for the resource you are
requesting.
Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists. <<

Any ideas?  Please help.  I need to get this running ASAP. Thank you very much.

Eyal
eyald@earthlink.net