tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jovie Castaneda" <jo...@pure-commerce.com>
Subject RE: Problems in starting up a servlet
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 04:47:35 GMT
hmm..the only web.xml i edited  is the one in
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf
the context i added is this
<servlet>
  <servlet-name>
     StartMe
  </servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>
     StartMe
  </servlet-class>
  <load-on-startup>
     1
  </load-on-startup>
</servlet>

I didnt add anything in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/test/WEB-INF/web.xml coz if I
put a context like
 <servlet>
        <servlet-name>StartMe</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>StartMe</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>StartMe</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/StartMe</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
the StartMe servlet wont load on startup