tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Haller, Joe" <Joe.Hal...@purchasepro.com>
Subject TC 4.0 and Directory Browsing
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:57:48 GMT
Using stand-alone Tomcat 4.0,
is there a way to prevent
directory browsing?

Many thanks,
J. Haller

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Corliss [mailto:jeffcorliss@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 12:44 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Pathing (relative or not relative, I don't want to care)

Ok, I'm just about ready to tear my hair out.
It's been my (mis)understanding so far that when you
start off a path with "/", then when that path gets
processed it will be relative to the webapp context.
For example: if my web app is "mywebapp", and I'm
currently surfing
"http://some.com/mywebapp/someplace/deep/thishere.jsp",and
that .jsp causes a form action or forward to a path
given as "/some/other/place/gohere.jsp", then the user
should wind up at
"http://some.com/mywebapp/some/other/place/gohere.jsp".

This doesn't work out to be the case though.  Is there
anyway to setup my URLs so that I don't have to care
about "where the user is right now" to ensure that the
user gets to where they should go next?

Using Tomcat 3.2.3, btw.